Marketing and Communications Associate
The Global Entrepreneurship Network is seeking a full-time Marketing and Communications Associate to coordinate the communications output for the Global Entrepreneurship Network, with global headquarters in Washington, D.C., to help empower young innovators through networking, skills building, mentoring and access to financing to develop startup solutions that address economic and development challenges.
Through a collection of programs and activities it directs, the Global Entrepreneurship Network works throughout the year to help entrepreneurs start and grow new firms. The ideal candidate should be an energetic, innovative individual with a global perspective to help tell the GENstory and create enthusiasm and engagement around the resources and related projects the organization provides.
The Marketing and Communications Associate will work under the supervision of the Executive Vice President as well as the Marketing and Communications Manager and the Director for Digital Products to help develop and implement strategies and structures to maximize the team’s communications outputs – for example, creating, designing and delivering outgoing communications including emails, blogs, social media pushes, news updates, press releases, brochures and social media cards, newsletters, presentations, webinars and proposals.
The position may require infrequent / occasional international travel. This is an entry-level position and salary is commensurate with experience.
- Assist with development of and lead implementation of marketing and communication plans
- Lead in the development and implementation of social media strategy for core channels
- Manage GIST social media communities, including those on Twitter and Facebook
- Monitor and report social media and newsletter analytics
- Assist in the development of content creation plans
- Create marketing and promotional materials, company literature (core content) and other forms of communication for both print and electronic dissemination
- Design, launch and manage email marketing campaigns and databases for GIST
- Create and post content for the GIST website including impact stories, event updates and GIST member submissions
- Copyedit, proofread and revise communications
- Ensure brand consistency and professionalism on all external pieces
- Create and deliver press releases and media relations content
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism or other related field required
- Excellent writing and copyediting skills
- Ability to work independently
- Solid organizational skills
- Proficiency with MS Office especially Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- Proficiency with Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and other Creative Suite programs.
- Familiarity with social media and outreach platforms including, but not limited to, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, SproutSocial, HashTracking and MailChimp.
- Familiarity with basic HTML and content management systems (Drupal experience a plus)
- Fluency in multiple languages and international work experience a plus