“Entrepreneurs are the champions of innovation and are the critical drivers of investment and productivity,” says the NSW Premier, Barry O’Farrell in a letter of support for Global Entrepreneurship Week (GEW) 2013.
Further to this the NSW Premier stated that he is committed to ensuring that NSW is the “leading business and investment destination” in Australia.
The Premier said, "The NSW Government is a supporter of entrepreneurship," and currently provides grants, online resources, advisory services as well as training and networking opportunities to help entrepreneurs.
Global Entrepreneurship Week in partnership with Private Media, Sammway and Servcorp also launched a national startup pitching competition this week,‘So You Think You Can Start-up’ with over $250,000 in prizes available to start-ups operating in the B2B market.
GEW Australia has brought together government organisations like Australian Taxation Office, Commonwealth Bank, RMIT as well as organisations like Start up Weekend, Majoran Distillery, Australian Business Week and many more.
GEW Australia also announced its inaugural GEW Advisory Board with members from the public, private, educational sectors. This Board is chaired by GEW President, Jonathan Ortmans.
What is it?
GEW is between 18th – 24th November 2013
Here are some of the key events happening during GEW Australia -
- Australian Taxation Office is holding its first ever Small Business Q & A on Facebook - to answer all your business and tax questions
- Commonwealth Bank Women in Focus; Disrupt or be Disrupted - events happening around the country
- So You Think You Can Start-Up’ – national start-up pitching competition
- 20+ schools around Australia will be launching business skills simulation learning programs for high school students in industries in decline such as retail, hospitality and manufacturing – this is an initiative by Australian Business Week
- Global Startup Battle will be happening across 3 Start Up Weekends
- Creative Innovation Conference bringing together the worlds’ best thinkers and leaders
For information on GEW Australia
- GEW Australia website - http://au.unleashingideas.org/
- GEW Facebook page - https://www.facebook.com/pages/GEW-Australian-Entrepreneurship/356352697758328?ref=ts&fref=ts
- Natasha Munasinghe – Natasha@frankteam.com.au or 0424 714 737
About FRANK Team
- FRANK Team is an education and training. See more &
- See more at: http://au.unleashingideas.org/press/nsw-government-premier-supports-global-entrepreneurship-week-australia#sthash.hfPp8iS0.dpuf